Episode #86 – Ed Currie of the Pucker Butt Pepper Company Interview, Plus American Hot Sauce Genres
Smokin’ Ed Currie of Pucker Butt Pepper Company chats with Scott about how he started growing chile peppers, the current Guinness World Record hottest chile Carolina Reaper pepper, and what is in store for the future. Ken Alexander and Scott also discuss the many different major American hot sauce styles and genres, and Ugly Baby Hot Sauce is reviewed.
Links mentioned in the episode:
Health benefits of chile peppers & capsaicin sources and articles:
- Episode #84 of the Firecast Show Notes (with several links)
- Men’s Health – Everything You Need To Know About Chilli Peppers
- Men’s Health – Six Foods to Help You Lose Weight
- Men’s Health – 15 Fired-Up Foods that Burn Away Pounds
The Firecast is Sponsored in Part By:
- American West Beef Company – Get FREE SHIPPING and meat delivered to your house for up to 60% off!
- Chilehead Tees – Are you a heat freak? Whether you love hot sauce, chile peppers, buffalo wings, BBQ, bacon, or anything dealing with fiery & spicy foods, this is the place to get t-shirts and swag to show off your obsession.
- Sucklebusters – Texas BBQ Rubs, BBQ Sauces & Texas GunPowder! SuckleBusters is preferred by competition BBQ Cooks, and has won numerous awards including back-to-back 1st Place sauce wins at the American Royal – the World series of BBQ competitions.
- Dr. BBQ’s Low & Slow BBQ at Home Online Barbecue Class
Other Links mentioned in the episode:
- The Firecast Podcast Page on iTunes – please rate and review!
- Scott Roberts’ Blog
- Scott Roberts’ Facebook Page
- Scott Roberts Twitter Page
- Scott Roberts’ YouTube Channel
Click Above to Listen to This Episode Now!