Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownie Bombs
Modified from Hayley Parker, The Domestic Rebel
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups miniature chocolate chips, divided
- 1 pkg fudge brownie mix, baked and cooled
- 1 pkg Candiquik or chocolate almond bark
- 2 tsp cayenne powder
- Let’s make some dough! In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugars until creamy. Add the milk and vanilla; beat to combine. Lastly, beat in the flour, cayenne powder and pinch of salt until a soft dough forms. Stir in ONE (1) cup of the mini chips.
- On a foil-lined baking sheet, drop rounded, (scant) Tablespoon-sized balls of dough. I used a cookie dough scoop for this and just scantily filled it so the cookie dough balls wouldn’t be so big. Freeze the cookie dough balls for about an hour to firm up.
- Cut the brownies into small squares, about 1″ in size. Pick up a square and gently flatten it with your palm. Fudgy brownies will flatten easily and retain their moisture which is why it’s important to make sure you use a fudgy brownie mix rather than a cake-y one.
- Place a cookie dough ball in the middle of the flattened brownie and very gently, wrap the brownie around the cookie dough ball. If the brownie cracks, that’s okay; just kind of roll it in your fingers until the brownie completely surrounds the cookie dough. Repeat until all cookie dough balls are covered, then return to the freezer for 30 minutes or so.
- Prepare chocolate bark according to package directions. Using a fork, dip each brownie truffle into the chocolate, coat completely, and allow excess to drip off. Return to the foil-line sheet and sprinkle the tops with the remaining cup of mini chips, for garnish. Store these bad boys in the fridge or freezer, in an airtight container.
- Note: You may have extra balls of cookie dough leftover. May I suggest making cinnamon rolls or stuffed Oreos? Or, uh, eat them? Why am I telling you what to do with cookie dough? 😉
Chocolate Chip Chile Pepper Cookie Dough Brownie Bombs Recipe
- Sauce Showdown – Three Carolina Reaper Pepper Hot Sauces Go Head-To-Head
- Firecast Podcast Episode #67 – Indoor Kitchen Inventory with Ken and Scott