Becoming addicted to fiery foods can become incredibly easy. For a lot of us, one taste of delicious heat, and we’re hooked! For others, the fascination with chile peppers and hot sauce is a gradual process. So how do you know if you have a true obsession with spicy foods? Here are 14 signs you are a true-blue chilehead:
- If you have more pictures on your phone of your chile peppers and pepper plants than pictures of your family.
- If you keep bottles of hot sauce at your work or in your car.
- If “ring of fire” and “burns twice” actually mean something to you.
- If you have or have ever considered getting a chile pepper tattoo.
- If you have to adjust your spice levels when you cook for other people.
- If the local Thai or Indian restaurant can never cook their dishes hot enough for you.
- If you’ve accidentally gotten the dreaded “chile willie” or “Hunan hand” by not washing your hands after messing with spicy foods.
- If your local buffalo wing restaurant knows you by first name.
- If half of your Facebook friends are chile pepper growers and/or hot sauce fanatics.
- If you’ve ever been to a hot sauce festival or chilehead get-together.
- If you can name all of CaJohn’s or Blair’s current lineup of products at any given time.
- If you’ve ever had to turn on your kitchen exhaust fans and/or open up the windows when you were cooking.
- If you have a different style of hot sauce for every genre or cooking cuisine you eat.
- If you’ve ever bought an extra refrigerator or bookshelf to store your hot sauce bottles in.
Do you know of any other signs? Let us know about them below!