A ginormous THANK YOU to everyone who has downloaded, listened to and subscribed to The Firecast Hot Sauce & BBQ Podcast! It’s a pure blast putting together the episodes and chatting with the coolest people in fiery foods and outdoor cooking; it is always fun, educational and inspirational. Because your support, The Firecast is now averaging over 10,000 downloads per episode, making it by far the top show of its kind on the internet covering our chile pepper-fueled passion! I am honored and humbled to have you all as its listeners.
How Can I Listen to a Podcast Show?
- First off, you don’t need an iPod (or an equivalent MP3 player) to listen to a podcast!
- It’s also not a live program, so it is not some type of “online radio” show that streams nor is it a “webcast”.
The episodes in The Firecast Podcast can be listened to on virtually any digital device, and can be heard at your convenience morning, noon, or night!
Digital Devices? You betcha! So that means that you can hear any of the great programming mentioned above on your desktop computer, laptop, tablet, iPad, any iOS, Android or Windows smartphone, MP3 player, and even on some of the advanced reading devices like Kindles. Think of it being similar to audiobooks but with regularly-released shows on a broad range of topics.
Any time of day? Anywhere you go? Yes! I love the portability of podcasts, and the fact that you can listen while you’re in your cubicle at work, while you’re working out at the gym, going for a walk, while you’re gardening, while you’re doing housework, or anywhere else. One of my favorite ways of digesting podcasts is to listen while I’m on my commute in the car. For several years, it has replaced boring, repetitious, terrestrial radio as my listening material of choice while I’m stuck in rush hour traffic or going on long trips.
There are three main ways of getting episodes from The Firecast:
- Listen right then and there by using the handy online player on any of the episode posts. Just click on the triangular “play” icon and you’re good to go on any computer, tablet or smartphone!
- Download the mp3 file directly. All of The Firecast‘s shows can be saved on your computer’s hard drive for enjoying later.
- Subscribe via iTunes or RSS feed. We provide handy links for both, and iTunes and numerous podcasting apps for both iPhones, iPads, Android phones and Windows phones will automatically download new episodes for you!
Many hours of stellar listening are waiting for you, so head over to the Firecast Podcast site right now!