Ashlynn’s Gourmet is a hot new sauce company based out of sunny Florida who makes an impressive array of “flavor enhancers”, including tapenades, hot sauce, barbecue sauce and basalmic glazes. Annthea and Mike, owners of Ashlynn’s, sent along this recipe for some island-inspired hot wings that encompass so many flavors and builds to an amazing heat crescendo.
Everything is not too overpowering, and the heat and flavor do the dance amazingly well in your mouth. This wing recipe uses two of Ashlynn Gourmet’s products (Hot Island Que BBQ Sauce and Kings Judgement Pineapple Habanero Hot Sauce), along with fresh red onions, red peppers, pineapple and cilantro, try these spicy appetizers for yourself, and you might feel like you’re sitting in an island bar watching the relaxing blue waters of Bimini.
Hot Island Wings Recipe
- 5 lbs of Jumbo Skin on Wings
- 48 oz Pineapple Juice
- 12 oz of Hot Island Que BBQ Sauce
- 5.5 oz of Kings Judgement Pineapple Habenero Haute Sauce
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Red Pepper (may substitute a Red Jalapeno pepper for extra heat)
- 1 small can Pineapple Chunks
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 24 Hr Marinate
- 35 Minutes Cook Time
Place Wings, pinapple Juice and Kings Judgement Pineapple Habanero Hot Sauce in a marinating bowl, cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place marinated wings in full size baking sheet, or 2 half-size sheets and place in oven for 25 minutes, rotating the sheets every 10 minutes to insure even cooking. (Chef’s tip: use a non-stick foil to line pans this will prevent meat loss and make cleaning a breeze.) We recommend a shake of your favorite rub at this point for extra flavor.
- While wings are cooking, dice 2 cups red onions, one red pepper, one bunch of cilantro and open the pineapple chunks setting all aside.
- After 15 minutes of cook time fire up the grill and pre-heat to 450-500 F. (Chef’s tip: remember to use oil or non-stick spray on grill before applying chicken.) Place wings on the grill and grill for 5 minutes flipping once.
- Once you have grilled the wings apply a liberal amount of Hot Island Que sauce. Let the que carmalize for 3-5 minutes, remove the wings to platter of your choice.
- Finish off with the onion, pepper, cilantro and pineapple garnish on top of wings.
- Be sure to have plenty of napkins and an ice cold beverage!